PROFILE OF AN 8TH GRADE GRADUATE OF HOLY NAME CATHOLIC SCHOOL
The Holy Name Catholic School Graduate...
MORAL DEVELOPMENT / CATHOLIC IDENTITY
- Is well-prepared for the academic challenges of high school.
- Has developed critical thinking skills to make informed decisions.
- Expresses him/herself clearly in writing and speaking.
- Applies mathematical and scientific concepts proficiently, and uses technology skillfully.
EXTRA / CO-CURRICULAR OPPORTUNITIES
- Has developed an appreciation for the good, the true and the beautiful of the Catholic faith.
- Is fully prepared to engage in the life of the church through participation in daily prayer, weekly Mass, and the Kids for Jesus (K4J) virtue program.
- Has learned the value of community-service through participation on community-service projects at Holy Name Catholic School.
- Understands his/her inherent dignity as a person, and is equipped to make tough moral decisions based on the teachings of the Catholic church.
- Displays good sportsmanship and teamwork because of involvement in various athletic opportunities at Holy Name Catholic School.
- Is well-rounded after being exposed to Science Olympiad, Science Fair projects/presentations, theater productions, Lego club, talent shows, spelling bee, geography bee, religion bee and Quiz Bowl.
- Understand the importance of showing empathy and respect toward others because of the service opportunities offered.
- Is well-prepared for leadership roles in high school and beyond.